Library Resource Centre (LRC)
Monday – Thursday
2.00pm – 5.00 pm
8.30am - 12.30pm
2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
8.30am - 1.00pm
The main objective is to render services in various media such as audio, large print and digital formats and to become an information collection centre, reference centre and information dissemination for visually impaired persons.
To encourage reading habit and give a chance to the blind person to enjoy the library services. Provide opportunities for the blind to acquire knowledge.
Registration to become a library member is free.
Just bring your identity card and OKU card to register as a member
• CD / DVD Player
• Cassette Player
• CCTV / Smart View
• Talking Books / Audio books
• Braille books
• Sighted books (Print books)
• Journals & Periodicals
• School Text Books
• New paper cutting
• Publishing of braille books
• Braille lending library service
• Talking-books lending service
• Loan of braille equipment to blind students
• Book-scanning service for the blind through computer
• Braille machine embosser,thermoform and white cane repair services
• We also cater to outstation visually impaired people by posting of products and lending braille books/Audio books
Volunteers play a very valuable and important role in the provision of library services. The tasks they perform include the following :
• Read to the blind staff for transcription of books into braille
• Read books onto CD for the Talking Book Library
• Copy typing on the computer for embossing into braille
• Sort out the braille books on the shelf
• Read documents to library users or members
Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer to help the visually impaired person, please contact us.
Contact Details :
Library Resource Centre,
Malaysian Association for the Blind (MAB)
Off Jalan Tun Sambanthan 4,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.